Du bist vermutlich noch nicht im Forum registriert - Klick hier, um Dich kostenlos zu registrieren Impressum 

Hobby-Barfuß-Renaissance-Forum

Ein kleines demokratisches Forum für Leute, die gerne und überall barfuß laufen oder dies gerne mal
ausprobieren möchten. Es wird darauf hingewiesen, daß sexistische
sowie beleidigende Beiträge kommentarlos gelöscht werden.

Dieses Forum wird gegenwärtig von Lebenskünstler, André Uhres & Dominik R. gemanagt.
Wir sind jederzeit für Anregungen & Kritik empfänglich.
www.barfuss-forum.de

Forenübersicht | Suche | Registrieren | FAQ | Forum Romanum | Le-Rib | barfussblog | Barfüßer willkommen | externe_Bildergalerie

Anmelden

Disclaimer - rechtliche Hinweise
Du kannst Dich hier registrieren
Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten
und wurde 3.219 mal aufgerufen
Bei Antworten informieren
 Allerlei kurioses
Dominik R. Offline

Admin

14.03.2010 23:04
Nicht kurios sonder enfach interessant! THE BAREFOOT SISTERS Zitat · Antworten

Auf der Seite der Barefoot Hikers http://www.barefoothikers.org/ wird über die beiden Schwester und ihre Wanderung über den Appalachian Trail berichtet.
http://www.barefoothikers.org/barefoot-sisters.html

Gruß,
Dominik

Dominik R. Offline

Admin

25.03.2010 17:11
#2 RE: Nicht kurios sonder enfach interessant! THE BAREFOOT SISTERS Zitat · Antworten

Hier das Cover, des inzwischen vergriffenen Buches über den Hinweg:

Aber es gibt auch eine Neuauflage:

Der Rückweg (vergriffene Ausgabe):

Aber auch da gibt es eine Neuauflage :

Dominik R. Offline

Admin

16.05.2011 22:10
#3 RE: Nicht kurios sonder enfach interessant! THE BAREFOOT SISTERS Zitat · Antworten

Quelle:
http://www.barefoothikers.org/barefoot-sisters.html

THE BAREFOOT SISTERS
WHO Are The Barefoot Sisters?

Isis and Jackrabbit are the trail names of two young women from Maine (also known as Susan Letcher and Lucy Letcher) who hiked the entire Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia and then "yo-yoed," turned around and headed back the other way

WHAT Did The Barefoot Sisters Do?

Over 1000 miles in each direction, hiking the Appalachian Trail takes one over mountains, through valleys, past towns, and through untouched wilderness. The hike takes months and weather conditions can vary from snow to sweletering summer heat along the course. Not only did Isis and Jackrabbit make this incredible trek, but, unlike most of there fellow AT hikers, Isis and Jackrabbit did most of it free of footwear--that's right--BAREFOOT! This somewhat unheard of choice of gear has gotten the sisters much attention during their hike, from others hikers and the press. Most people can't imagine the feet being able to handle such a journey unprotected. Of course, we can!

Posing again and showing their rugged soles. (The guy in the middle is "Tha Wookie" who, though he has shoes there, has done a good deal of Barefoot Walking himself. See his website at www.thawookie.com.)

WHY? We'll have to ask the ladies.......

Isis and Jackrabbit enjoy some relaxation off the trail. Hey...what are those things on your feet?

NOTES FROM THE TRAIL...

Jackrabbit herself writes:

"My sister (Isis) and I hiked about 1300 miles barefoot last summer and fall, and about 200 this spring (between snow storms) in the course of our southbound hike. We're going to yo-yo and hopefully fill in the sections where we had to wear boots."

(from an e-mail on 03/11/01).

Trudge, a fellow AT hiker who provided my first information on the Barefoot Sisters, wrote in awe,

"The people that mentioned them seem to refer to them as the "barefoot sisters,"so maybe they've stuck with it the whole way. I can't understand how one could hike barefoot through snow and not end up with frostbite. But that's something you can ask them when you get in touch. If their goal was to set a record, I can't imagine that anyone else has done a two-person, barefoot, yo-yo!"

(from an e-mail on 03/05/01)

I recently had the honor of speaking with Susan (Jackrabbit) by phone about her incredible journey. When I asked her, "Why Barefoot?" she replied that she and her sister always hiked barefoot as kids, so it just seemed natural to see if they could do this hike the same way. Here are a few other comments I found interesting:

On toughened soles: A few weeks into the hike, the ladies could "run on gravel" without a problem. Also a few weeks into the hike, it took almost an hour wandering around a campsite before the ladies even realized that the ground was "covered in broken glass." Again, not a problem for them.

On cold weather: While they did sometimes wear shoes in the snow, "7 or 8 miles" in snow that didn't come over the tops of their feet was tolerable. I also found it interesting that they were sometimes forced into shoes by ICY conditions, not because it was too cold, but rather "too slippery."

On shoes: Susan notes that, despite the rugged terrain, her feet really didn't hurt "Until [she] put shoes on."

On muscle development: Despite a serious reduction in barefooting opportunities since returning from the hike 5 years ago, Susan reports still having "arch muscles that I can flex."

Es ist ausdrücklich erlaubt meine Beiträge hier, im gelben Forum:
http://www.hobby-barfuss.de/
zu zitieren und umgekehrt.

">

">

">

">

Sprung  

Wir brauchen Deine Hilfe!

Hallo !

Wir hoffen, dass dir unser Forum gefällt und du dich hier genauso wohlfühlst wie wir.

Wenn du uns bei der Erhaltung des Forums unterstützen möchtest, kannst du mit Hilfe einer kleinen Spende dazu beitragen, den weiteren Betrieb zu finanzieren.

Deine Spende hilft!

Spendenziel: 84€
24%

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz